Become a Stride Advocate in Calgary
Join a provincial network of human rights defenders. Become a Stride Advocate in Calgary
As a Stride Advocate you will learn skills in advocating for human rights and supporting community members and grassroots agencies in addressing issues of racism, discrimination and/or barriers to access.
No eligibility requirements other than a commitment to supporting people in your community and a desire to affect systemic change.
Areas of learning and advocacy include:
Filing Human Rights Complaints
Advocacy in the Health System
Advocacy in Justice and Policing
Advocating in Education
As a Stride Advocate, you join a network of advocates working to both individual and systemic changes in our province.
Defending human rights takes an army. We are asking you to be part.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest and we will follow up with more information on training dates etc. Do let us know if you have any questions or need any accommodations to support your participation.
Brought you by the following partners:
- John Humphrey Centre for Peace and Human Rights
- Alberta Somali Community Centre
- Blood Tribe Administration
- Apiistamiiks – White Buffalo Trail Blazers
- Mannawannis Friendship Centre
- Somali Canadian Society of Calgary
- Alberta Hate Crimes Committee
- Organization for the Prevention of Violence
- Status of Women Alberta
- Edmonton Community Foundation (for work in Edmonton)